My husband is a mechanic, and could have been an engineer if he had wanted to; he thinks in physics-speak. His brain soaks up all things electronics, and he has been waiting for Alyssa to be old enough to get an electronics learning station and go over all things electronics with her. The stations costs like $60 brand new, so I've been on the hunt for a good sale.
A few weeks ago we made the rounds ("adventuring") to a few garage sales with the kiddos and stumbled upon a garage sale hosted by a guy with a similar electronics bug. And voila!, 3 electronics learning stations, each marked $3. The guy said they were each missing a few parts, so he sold all 3 to us for $3! I cannot say enough how much I heart garage sales!!
I never knew these things existed, but they are pretty neat! I'm pretty excited that my daughters will know how to operate a DVOM (digital volt and ohm meter) at a young age and get a head start on physics while spending super-quality time with Daddy!!
Monday, October 22, 2012
Sunday, October 7, 2012
The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say “you’re doing a great job”. It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it’s also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs and get them more readers and followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person(s) who nominated you. You pass the Award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions. You’re not allowed to nominate the blog(s) who nominated you! (To get the button, right click the picture on my page and save the picture to your computer. You can then upload to your blog.)
Thank you so much to Melissa at Adventures with Captain Destructo for nominating me for this award! I really appreciate it. Her blog is super awesome, too!!
Random facts about me:
- I was so shy as a little kid that I could hardly talk sometimes, and I'm still pretty shy around new people.
- I am super proud of the fact that I got to mosh with my husband at my wedding reception.
- I LOVE salads, but don't like lettuce on sandwiches; I even order BLTs minus the L.
- I would LOVE to be on Wheel of Fortune, but fear I am only good at the game from my own house (see #1).
- I play fantasy football and generally know more about sports than my husband.
- I draw a blank for a super long time when asked for 11 random facts about myself. This part is taking me WAY too long to complete!
- I played baseball with the boys as a kid, never softball.
- I have an obsession with tomatoes and eat them nearly every day.
- I have a master's degree in biology.
- I have a pet peeve about grammar and I'm always finding typos in advertisements and books.
- I had an aversion to pink until I had a daughter (and then another one!) and now I tolerate having pink things in the house.
- Holli @ Full Hands Full Hearts
- Meredith @ Mom of the Year
- Erika and Rowena @ Homestead Simple
- Jennifer @ Mommy Huh
- Christine and Janene @ More Than Mommies
- Raquel @ Organized Island
- Ashley @ Ashley's Homemade Adventures
- Taryn @ Design, Dining and Diapers
- Mrs. Accident @ The Accidental Housewife
- Lanaya @ Raising Reagan
- Laura @ Real Momma
Questions I Was Asked:
- What is your favorite food? Pizza and Ice Cream run neck and neck.
- What is your dream job? Part time Quality Assurance consultant for Medical Devices and part time stay-at-home Mom. Really I have this, it's just that the part time Quality Assurance is a little too part time right now; I need another client or two to make it the dream...
- What did you want to be when you were a little kid? A doctor. I love science and before college, I didn't realize how many ways you could use a science education.
- What was your favorite book as a kid? The Boxcar Children. I can't wait to read that with my girls!
- What is your favorite color? Black
- What season is your favorite? Spring, because I love the nice weather and anticipation of fun summer activities, but I like many things about all of them.
- What is your favorite holiday? Now that I have two little ones, Christmas. I love watching them be so excited about it and getting together with family.
- If you could have one day to do anything, what would it be? I would love more time with all of my family doing something fun together. Owning businesses is not always conducive to dedicated family time with both me and the hubby.
- Which chore would you rather do, dust, grocery shop, or laundry? Definitely laundry. There is something soothing to me about the orderly folding and putting away of clean clothes or linens.
- How many kids did you think you would have as a child? Two. And I was convinced I'd name them Christian and Shelby. How silly was it to be so convinced I'd like those names as an adult??
- What do you look forward to most about fall? Now that summer is winding down, I look forward to the weather getting cold enough for a fire in the wood stove.
- Why do you blog?
- Does the scope of subject matter and target audience of your blog today match what you envisioned when you started?
- What was your favorite book as a child?
- What is your favorite season?
- Is form or function more important to you?
- If you could have one day to do anything, what would it be?
- If you use a smartphone, what app can you not live without?
- What is your favorite board game?
- Would you rather have a maid, a personal chef, or a gardener?
- What is the most organized room in your house?
- What qualities of you do you see in your children?